When I looked at my collection of recent work altogether something just didn’t look right. The white background I’d been using to paint people on didn’t seem to fit with my heavy biro drawings of streets, it was almost like they were two different peoples work. A different coloured background was my first option and I chose black A1 paper. For my first attempt I used white and grey oil pastel and I really liked the mix of colours, it kind of looked like lots of ghosts.
I wanted to take it another step forward with the new background, so I decided to try it in acrylic paint. I used white and two shades of grey and the result was so much better, the figures stood out a lot more.
(Click on the image to enlarge it)
Here’s a close up of a section from it: